4Story officially shut down on 4th January 2018, but is still available to play through Gameforge at the moment, how long it will continue though is unknown.
4Story puts players in the three kingdoms of Iveria: DeFugel, Craxion, and Broa. Blessed by Rea, the Goddess of creation, these kingdoms have yet managed to bring war upon each other, all in an effort to force their ‘truths’ upon one another. Into this turmoil you are born, a hero destined to seek and find the real truth buried in hundreds of thousands of years of chaos and war.
- Territory Wars - At certain times each and every day, a ‘territory war’ will break out between two rival kingdoms. Fight in these wars for your kingdom, and if you can control of the territory, your kingdom’s players will have access to more adventure locations and more opportunities to find treasures.
- Enormous Quests - 4Story comes complete with a grand main quest line, along with myriad sub and hidden quests.
- Hidden Secrets - Within each quest are clues to finding a hidden, secret quest, an adventure-within-an-adventure, waiting for heroes to take the challenge of finding them.
- Legendary Weapons - Many of the weapons in 4Story are graded ‘F’ to ‘SSS’. These weapons can level with your character, and be upgraded to a maximum level of 24. Not only that, but the legendary options for these weapons may be transferred to other like weapons.
- R.S.T.S (Real-time Strategic Command System) - 4Story allows players to command up to 48 others, and is made possible by the unique R.S.T.S. system. Simply by using the minimap, a commander can monitor a real-time battle and fluidly issue orders just with mouse clicks.
- Mounts - Mounts are almost always a more viable means of travel, and 4Story has them in abundance, from slow, easy-going mounts, to those that are as fast as the winds.
Three kingdoms are facing each other without a bit of yield, advocating each history and truth of those three kingdoms. One hero, who is born to figure out the truth that was buried in hundreds of thousands of years, is you who jumped into this world of chaos.
Join one of the three factions (Defugel, Craxion, Broa) and pick from three races (Fairy, Human, Werebeast) and six different classes (Assassin, Archer, Summoner, Priest, Warrior, Wizard).
The exciting and numerous quests offer a diversity of challenges and make 4Story (Gates of Andaron) a fun and compelling game to play. Expect hours of fun in this fantasy-themed free MMORPG. Explore the instanced dungeons with a party of guild and overcome perilous challenges to earn the more valuable rewards. Fight other players and receive prizes for your success. The player group battles use a simple and effective real-time strategic command system, allowing you to command armies of up to 49 players. Lead your faction to victory, issuing important commands and analyzing the events in the battlefield.
- Operating System: XP / 2000 / Vista / 7 / 8
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz or AMD Equivalent
- Video Card: GeForce FX5700 / ATI Equivalent
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Operating System: XP / 2000 / Vista / 7 / 8
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2 GHz
- Video Card: GeForce 6600 GT / ATI Equivalent
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
4Story, previously known as Gates of Andaron, was developed by South Korean game studio Zemi Interactive. Development for 4Story began back in 2006 with the game's closed beta launching in South Korea in December 2006 with the open beta commencing in April 2007. The game is self-published by Zemi in its home country as well as abroad. Since the game's original release in early 2007, 4Story has been in continuous operation for over 9 years, making it one of the more successful free-to-play MMORPGs. GameForge currently publishes the game in Europe, while the rest of the global service is self-published by Zemi Interactive with no IP restrictions.
Classes include the following:
- Archers – archers are long-range fighters, using their bow to take down foes before they are close enough to do much harm. When close by, archers also excel at evading enemy attacks.
- Assassins – attack quickly and return to the shadows, dealing massive amounts of damage. However, if discovered or at a distance, they are much less effective.
- Priests – can daze their opponents or turn them into harmless squirrels to reduce the number of enemies. They can also strengthen or heal their allies, and are the only class that can revive them.
- Summoners – use powerful creatures from other dimensions to fight for them or even heal them. They also use crystals and magic to hinder and weaken their enemy, making them a great support for groups.
- Warriors – vicious at close range, easily taking severe hits and surviving thanks to their high hit points and defense.
- Wizards – make up for their weak armor and low endurance by using explosive large-scale magic that hits multiple enemies or causes damage over time.
- Fairy – associated with wisdom and intelligence. They make the most capable spellcasters in 4Story. They are the ideal class for Wizards and Summoners.
- Werebeast – powerful close-range warriors and are built to have high strength and stamina. They are an ideal pick for any close combat class like the Warrior or Assassin.
- Humans – like in most MMORPGs, Humans are the most adaptable and flexible race in 4story. They have high resistance towards magic and have a bit more intelligence and strength than average, making them excellent Priests and Archers.
See 4Story Pages:
|Official Website||Wikia Page||Facebook Page|
|Wikipedia Page||Twitch Channel||YouTube Videos|
Platforms: PC (Microsoft Windows)
- Closed Beta: June, 2008
- Open Beta: October 20, 2008
- Commercial Release Date: July, 2009
- South Korea: April, 2007 (Zemi Interactive)
- Turkey: August, 2009
- Greece: July, 2009
- Spain: June, 2009
- England: May, 2009
- France: April, 2009
- Poland: April, 2009
- Czech Republic: February, 2009
- Italy: February, 2009
- Japan: December, 2008
- Romania: December, 2009
Total Format Score: