Fortnite 5.10 Content Update Brings Back The Guided Missile, Adds Jetpack Game Mode
Epic Games has released a new update for Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and iOS. Following the recent update 5.10, content update 5.10 marks the start of a new limited-time mode called Fly Explosives, which involves using jetpacks to cause mayhem. The update also pulls the Guided Missile weapon out of the Vault and puts it into play.
"The Guided Missile is back from the Vault and dropping into Battle Royale this update," the patch notes read. "In its time away, the Guided Missile has been tweaked and tuned down as it was too strong upon its initial release." The weapon now deals less damage, moves slower, and has a shorter fuse, among other tweaks. However, there are reports that might sometimes be invisible, which is a real problem.
For those playing Save the World mode, there’s a new Spyglass Sniper Rifle, which will be available in the store on August 1 at 8 PM ET. Take a look below for the full Fortnite 5.10 content update patch notes.
- Guided Missile (Battle Royale): The Guided Missile returns from the Vault! Scan the battlefield from above, weave through obstacles, and rocket ride teammates into the action.
- Fly Explosives (Battle Royale): BOOM! The new Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode is here and it’s a blast for the whole squad. Use Jetpacks to fly above your foes and rain down in this explosives only game mode.
Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives
- This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Mode Details
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Playground
- The following weapons and items have been added to the Playground LTM only.
- Guided Missile
- Bug Fixes: Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
Weapons and Items
- Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.
Save the World
Spyglass Sniper Rifle (Save the World): Husks don’t stand a chance against this newest addition to the Flintlock Weapon set. This powerful single shot sniper packs a punch, so hold on tight as you take aim and fire.
Weapons and Items
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store
- An accurate, high-powered, scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that kicks like a mule.
- Available Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET until Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 PM ET.
With this update live, we've also gotten Season 5's challenges for Week 4. That includes one that has you search between a gas station, soccer pitch, and Stunt Mountain, and another that has you jump through flaming hoops.